Order E-Mail andy@lureofthefloat.co.uk or Call 01354 651917 or mobile 07899996190

My name is Andrew Field, I love float fishing and making fishing floats.
.
My life revolves around floats! I'm either on the bank fishing with them or at home making them. My floats have been used all around the globe to catch all sorts of fish from sharks and sailfish to gudgeon and minnows. I can make just about any float you could ever need and i know you wont find more functional or wonderful looking floats anywhere in the world.
.
Please take time to look through the many images on my blog and feel free to get in touch if you would like to chat floats or fishing. If you cant find exactly what your looking for on my blog just let me know the float you want, im sure il be able to help. I am always keen to take on a challenge and enjoy making new designs.
.
Keep checking back from time to time as I regularly make updates to my blog with new images new freshly finished floats.
.
If you would like me to make you a float please feel free to get in touch on andy@lureofthefloat.co.uk 01354 651917 or mobile 07899996190 to discuss your requirements.

Thursday, 7 July 2011

reed wagglers, vintage floats, traditional floats, stalking floats, commercial carp, stalking carp, carp fishing floats, old floats, handmade floats

Hello Float Anglers!!
.
Just a quick update on my most recent float as I am so pleased with it. As you can see from the pics its a little understated in appearance but the colour of the reed is extraordinary. Normally I would just cut the sections of reed that are strong and long enough for making a float and dispose of the lower sections. This float is made from the actual root section of the reed which is generally the strongest part, infact I had to clip the roots from it before I could start the cleaning process. The reed itself is probably a good couple of years old and has been underwater all its life which has given it a rather beautiful mottled and dark colour that changes throughout its length. You can see the 3 growth sections or nodes of the reed which I left to enhance the look. This one is quite short and il be using it for close in stalking for carp close in at a local commercial carp fishery! Urgh!! its an awful place but ideal for testing floats as its packed to the brim with fish and easy for a bite or two before I use it for the real thing on one of my more pleasant syndicate waters.
.
I dont often make an update for a single float but I felt this one was worthy of the effort. It looks a little like an old whole cane rod albeit for the colour. Mmm! Rod building, now thats an idea! Im now off to my bin to see if I have any other discarded root sections of reed to make more!
.
Keep Checking back as some of the mahseer floats are near ready. One of them, im sure, is big enough to beat a bear to death with, it makes me smile every time I look at it!
.
Please feel free to get in touch if you would like me to make you a float or two, im working on several orders at the moment but il always try to have your order ready asap.
.
andy@lureofthefloat.co.uk
01354 651917
07899996190